This is a Delivery Note of the Great Southern Railways Company advising a cost of the £2.17.8 for the carriage to Edenderry of 6 Tons 6cwts of coal, purchased from Wallace Brothers. In 1873 work began on the construction of a rail line connecting Edenderry to the mainline of Midland & Great Western Railway (MGWR) just west of Enfield. The Contractor was a Mr. Bagnall and the line opened in April 1877. Ms. Nesbitt of Tuberdaly contributed £10,000 to the Capital Cost. Her cattle were regular prize winners at the RDS and were transported to Dublin by Canal Barge prior to being "railed". The junction with the mainline at Enfield was officially known as the "Nesbitt Junction". Intending rail passengers to and from Edenderry had to change at Enfield to await the "Up" or "Down" Train. The line had one other Train Station at Carbury.
In about 1924 the Great Southern Railway Company took over management of the rail line which transported passengers and goods to and from Edenderry to 1931 and from then onwards transported mostly livestock, sugar beet and turf mostly with an occasionally passenger excursion. In April 1963, the line finally closed to all traffic after a life of 86 years.