The Williams Family was the last of the Quaker Businesses in Edenderry. Quaker Business and industry was the heart-beat of Commercial Life in Edenderry from the 18th Century onwards.
The Williams Family had been in business from at least the 19th Century and the last member of the family, Arthur Williams, retired from business in the late 1950's when his grocery and bakery business was purchased by the O'Brien Family.
Other members of the Williams Family had a Ladies Drapery Shop and a Motor Garage nearby. The Motor Garage was owned and operated by Conrad Williams, who, despite his severe disabilities from childhood, operated a very successful motor business. Both Conrad Williams and Arthur Williams were prominent members of the Edenderry Cycling Club in the late 19th Century and regular Prize Winners on the Circuit. Arthur Williams served as a Town Commissioner in the early 20th Century.