Designed by the architect Thomas Duff, the Market House was built between 1826 and 1830 at a cost of £5,000. It was the focal point for fairs and markets throughout the nineteenth century.
Later it was named in honour of V Rev Paul Murphy PP., Edenderry (1910-33). The building was destroyed by fire in 1945 and subsequently rebuilt. It was extensively renovated in the 1990s and now serves as civic offices for Offaly County Council.
‘This project has been funded by The Heritage Council’